HPE Aruba OfficeConnect 1420-16G 16-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - JH016A
HPE Aruba OfficeConnect 1420-16G 16-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - 16x RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports - 32 Gbps switching capacity - Limited Product Lifetime Warranty
The HP 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models. The HP 1420 Switch Series has four models: 16-port 10/100/1000; 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports; 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are PoE+ enabled (124W PoE budget); and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10-Gigabit ports.
All are fanless. They come with a limited lifetime warranty and 24X7 phone support for the first three years of ownership.
High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching, Cost-effective and Easy to Deploy
- The HP 1420 Switch Series offers small businesses and others Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switching with unmanaged affordability and plug-and-play simplicity.
- Gigabit Ethernet is the most recommended and deployed networking technology today, delivering 10x more performance than Fast Ethernet.
- Unmanaged switches are the most economical offerings, ideal for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Model Choices to Meet Most Design Needs for Basic Layer 2 Networking
- The 1420 Switch Series has four models to choose from, all with Gigabit performance but offering different uplink options. Consider the 16-port model for locations needing fewer connections, and one of the 24-port models where more connectivity is required.
- The HP 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where Gigabit fiber is required, while the HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available for where 10-Gigabit is needed now or in the future.
- Anticipate the installation of IP voice, or wireless Access points, or video surveillance cameras by deploying Power of Ethernet. Choose the PoE+ model for highly cost-effective Power over Ethernet deployments.
- All 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation, usable in office settings around workers. Units have internal power supplies with power-cord plug-in simplicity.
- Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
- All models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
- The HP 1420 Switch Series has the company's only unmanaged Power over Ethernet model, with fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras, or wireless Access Points.
- The HP 1420-24G-2SPF+ 10-Gigabit Uplink model requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10-Gigabit transceivers to achieve 10-Gigabit speeds; alternatively, use today with Gigabit SFP transceivers if highest performance merely a future requirement.
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
- The Series supports Jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
- The HP 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10G networks to reduce performance bottlenecks when connecting to 10G storage and servers.
- The switch series includes Power over Ethernet (PoE+) options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
- Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
- The HP Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years of 24x7 phone support keep support costs low over time.
Unmanaged Gigabit switch with 16 10/100/1000 ports. Plug-and-play, requiring no setup or administration. Fanless. Internal power supply.
(16) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
Supports a maximum of 16 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
Memory and processor
1 MB flash
Packet buffer size: 512 KB
100 Mb Latency: < 8 µs
1000 Mb Latency: < 16 µs
up to 23.8 Mpps
100 - 240 VAC, rated
12 W (maximum)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
26.6 x 16.2 x 4.4 cm
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.