StarTech USB 3.0 to 4-Bay SATA 6Gbps Hard Drive Docking Station w/ UASP & Dual Fans - 2.5/3.5in SSD / HDD Dock
SDOCK4U33 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station
The SDOCK4U33 four-bay 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD / SSD docking station lets you dock and swap four drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB port.
Get the most out of your SATA III (Gbps) solid state drives and hybrid drives with this UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) enhanced hard drive docking station. With performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller, UASP ensures high performance by reducing bottleneck. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The hard drive dock features independently-powered SATA connectors for each individual drive, ensuring you can operate drives separately. This gives you the freedom to hot-swap one drive while transferring data to another, saving you time. Plus, the built-in fans keep your drives running cool, ensuring optimal performance and helps to prevent premature drive failure.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCK4U33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
SDOCK4U33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
Features & Benefits
• Supports SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP for optimal performance
• Independently powered SATA controllers
• Built-in dual 40 mm cooling fan
• Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
• Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
• Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
• Quad-bay, top slot-loading design with drive doors
• Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
• Hassle-free operation with independent SATA controllers allowing for uninterrupted data transfers while hot-swapping the other drives
• Helps to prevent premature drive failure, with built-in dual 40 mm fans that keep your drives running cool
• System builders and I.T. specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
• Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
• Transferring data from one hard drive to another
• Technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives
• Backup important data and easily take the drive to an offsite location for safekeeping
What’s in the package?
• USB 3.0 4-Bay 2.5/3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Dock
• USB 3.0 Cable
• Universal power adapter (NA/EU/UK/AUS)
• Instruction manual
Hard Drive Docking Station
|Supported Form Factor||2.5 in, 3.5 in|
|Dimensions||285 x 171.2 x 85mm|
|Number of Drives Supported||4|